when your friend talks about the many guys crushing on them
Gods among us.
Alright listen here. You see this mug? This is Uzumaki Fucking Naruto, the title character of the Naruto franchise. Let’s do a quick recap of the shit he has put up with so far, shall we?
- When he was only a few hours old, his parents both got fucking murdered for defending their home.
- At that same time, infant Naruto had an ancient beast with titanic power(which was considered by the people to be entirely made of hatred) sealed inside his gut.
- That whole sealing the fox thing? Normally that happens when you’re in your teens so you can spend ~15 years learning to love before you get injected with a being full of hate. But he didn’t need more than an hour and a half.
- For being the scapegoat that saved the village, he was rewarded with hate from basically everyone except Iruka and Hiruzen. For saving their asses.
- That embodiment of hate in him? Yeah, turns out mixing that with human makes for abysmal chakra control, which didn’t help his social situation in school.
- At 12 years old, one of the only people to ever give him attention comes inches from being murdered. So 12 year old Naruto returned the favor and punched a fully grown man to death at 12.
- He finally passes a grade he’s been failing for years and he gets put in a team with 1) his crush, and 2) her crush. Basically, everything he does is gonna be rebuffed and he’s gonna get shown up by “the prodigy” at every turn.
- First couple days of training with his new teacher and he surprises everyone by almost winning the little challenge. Almost only gets you a few finger up the ass though.(molested by his teacher)
- His team gets a higher ranked mission, and turns out it’s way higher than they expected. He impales his own hand because of poison and Determinator mode.
- Gender confusion. I mean let’s face it, we all thought Haku had a cooter.
- Intense fucking training. In fact, he trains so hard that everyone decides to leave him behind like he was useless or something.
- He watches a bloodthirsty mercenary get his child soldier killed in his place and gives the dude a heart with a Heroic Speech.
- He watches his best friend get cursed with something that only has a 10% survival rate.
- Neji & Gaara’s psychological and physical beatdown of his friends.
- The first person to express giving a shit about him(Hiruzen) dies a brutal death.
- He uses a frog to fight another Giant Hate Beast.
- Cue evil secret organization trying to kidnap him so they can kill him painfully and slowly.
- Best friend goes dickhead mode
- Best friend KTFO’s him and leaves
- Remember the Hate Beast he beat the shit out of? He’s friends with that guy now, and he’s gotta go save his ass or he’s gonna fucking die.
- Dude fucking dies.
- Old lady revives him, so there was still a fucking death.
- Best friend gets replaced with a faggy emotionless robot who has a strange fetish for showing off his man-midriff and is actually a spy. Becomes his friend anyways.
- Punk Bitch Crush decides he’s putting himself through hell for her at some point. Sets her straight without calling her selfish.
- Beats the everliving piss out of another one of those dudes who wants to kill him slowly and painfully.
- Swallows a whole fucking crow.
- Becomes one with frog people.
- Sees this punk bitch motherfucker wreck his town after killing 2 of his mentors and most of his friends. Fight’s the dude to the point where he could kill him and then fucking talks it out.
- Those fake niggas in the village finally appreciate him.
- Saves Punk Bitch from Best Friend. Almost fucking dies because she can’t hold a dagger.
- Beats his own dark side with a hug.
- Forcibly extracts the Hate Demon’s power from the Hate Demon.
- Hurls a crow
- Talks to the Hate Demon and makes it a full on good guy after one conversation. Complete moral switch. He has sucha positive outlook that he turned an eternal Chaotic evil monster into a Lawful good ally in one conversation.
- Fights a war by himself
- Powers up an entire army by himself
- Sees a childhood friend get fucking impaled to save him
- application failed to execute
- Fights war by himself again
- More insanely positive outlook
All things considered, if any character had a right to be a fucked up evil pessimist, it’s this guy. His life is just a series of fucked up events. But you see that picture up there? That’s a genuine goddamn smile. and that is plastered on his face because he is happy. He settles things with his positive outlook. He accepts his friends. He made a good guy out of an Ancient Chaotic Evil. We all love this character, there’s a reason we’ve read it every week for 10 years. And he’s not the only character who thinks this way. He’s managed to make like half of the cast think the way he does, and most of them have backstories just as fucked up. So why don’t we act more like what he preaches? The Naruto tag could easily be one of the most hateful tags on tumblr. I mean, this is a manga that is almost 700 chapters long that preaches that love can conquer anything. Kishi even set it in a world of ninjas, bloodthirsty walking tanks that are almost always at war, to further accentuate that point.
So why are we talking about this love-filled manga with such hate for each other?
And if you don’t take anything from that then try this:no matter how many internet arguments you win, kishi is gonna do whatever the fuck he wants with his characters, so you might as well stop fighting over it because it’s just wasted energy.
Phobias may be memories passed down in genes from ancestors
Memories may be passed down through generations in DNA in a process that may be the underlying cause of phobias
Memories can be passed down to later generations through genetic switches that allow offspring to inherit the experience of their ancestors, according to new research that may explain how phobias can develop. Scientists have long assumed that memories and learned experiences built up during a lifetime must be passed on by teaching later generations or through personal experience. However, new research has shown that it is possible for some information to be inherited biologically through chemical changes that occur in DNA. Researchers at the Emory University School of Medicine, in Atlanta, found that mice can pass on learned information about traumatic or stressful experiences – in this case a fear of the smell of cherry blossom – to subsequent generations. The results may help to explain why people suffer from seemingly irrational phobias – it may be based on the inherited experiences of their ancestors. (via Phobias may be memories passed down in genes from ancestors - Telegraph)
So you’re telling me once my ancestors had house centipedes crawling into their mouths? That’s a memory I have that is now a fear I have. Good. That’s what I needed to hear,
For the first time, the Amazonian Princess, Diana of Themyscira, is appearing on the big screen. Man of Steel director Zack Snyder and writer David S. Goyer are bringing Wonder Woman to life alongside Superman and Batman in their up-coming Man of Steel sequel.
Warner Bros. announced today that the part will be portrayed by Israeli actress Gal Gadot who is best known as Giselle Harabo in the Fast and The Furious 5 and 6 movies.
"Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character," Snyder said.
The Man of Steel sequel is set to be released on the 17th of July, 2015. [x]